Self-introdction

Dear Professor Brad, My name is Kelvin Cheng, currently a student in one of your technical communications classes and am writing this letter to introduce myself. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic in 2018 with a diploma in Information Technology (Software Development). My interest to take on this diploma started with playing a few gaming sessions with my friends. During year 2, the diploma offers 2 paths (game development and software development). However, due to the small development industry in South East Asia and research I did about the industry, I chose software development as my future career path. One of my strengths would be the adaptability to different communication styles based on who I am speaking to. Being a freelance full-stack developer, I often have to communicate with all sorts of clients and the key factor in scoring the deal would be the communication styles. Being on the same page helps to speed up understanding my client's needs. For my weakness, it would have to be public speech which I have been trying overcome across the years. This applies mainly to presentations and when I am trying to pitch an idea. As I have the tendency to get nervous when it comes to formal presentations, my voice may not come out as intended. I am grateful to be in this module as it will help me strengthen my writing skills and overall, increase my confidence in projecting my voice during presentations. Sincerely, Kelvin Cheng

Comments

  1. Dear Kelvin,

    Thank you for this clear, concise letter. It's quite informative, giving us reader ssome insight into who you are and why you are here ar SIT.

    There is a minor issue with the language use (sentence structure) in the last paragraph when you write as follows: Which is why I am grateful to attend this module ...

    Do you see the problem?

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Prof Brad,

      Yes I do see the problem with the way I structure that sentence. Thank you for pointing it out.

      Cheers,
      Kelvin

      Delete
  2. Dear Kelvin,

    The whole introduction was short and sweet , I cant find any faults in the content and organization part. Hope to know you better in class !

    Cheers,
    CY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kelvin,

    It was pleasant to read the concise letter, with elaboration and relevant experiences to support your points.

    However, I found this sentence slightly off, "I am grateful to be in this module...". I might be wrong as I can't exactly pin-point it.

    Hope to know you better in times to come and that you can overcome the anxiety of public speaking!

    Cheers,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kelvin,

    Thank you for this clear and concise letter. It is interesting to see that your interest for IT came about through gaming as I am a passionate gamer myself. I can also see that you and I have the same weakness in terms of public speaking. I hope that after completing this module, we will then be able to overcome it.

    Looking forward to us working and overcoming our weaknesses in the near future!

    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kelvin,

    It is a pleasure reading your introduction letter. The content and language used was clear and concise. On top of that, it was also interesting to learn that you are a freelance full-stack developer.
    I hope to get to know you better as time passes.
    Cheers,
    Jin Yang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelvin,

    Its a very concise and interesting Introduction Letter which you have written and being a freelance full-stack developer is very cool and hope to get to know you more in this three years in telematics.

    Cheers,
    Yaakub

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts